Research and teaching
- Prevention of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- ICU Systems Approach to Patient Safety
Clinical Interests: ICU Organization and its Impact on Quality of Care/ Patient Safety, Prevention of Ventilator Associated Pneumonia, Brain Injury. Graduating School and Year: Laval University in Quebec City 1979. Residency and Fellowship University/year of completion: Post graduate training at McGill University in Montreal and the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg culminating in specialty certification in Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine. Critical Care training completed at the University of Manitoba.
- Doig C, Boiteau P, Sandham D. A 2 year prospective cohort study of cardiac resuscitation in a major Canadian hospital. Clin Invest Med 23(2): 132-143, 2000.
- Atul Humar, Aileen Ostromecki, Judy Direnfeld, John C. Marshall, Neil Lazar, Patricia C. Houston, Paul Boiteau, and John M. Conly. Prospective Randomized Trial of 10% Povidone-Iodine versus 0.5% Tincture of Chlorhexidine as Cutaneous for Prevention of Central Venous Catheter Infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2000; 31:1001-1007.
- Sandham JD, Hull RD, Brant RA , et al for the Canadian Critical Care Trials Group. A Randomized, Controlled-Trial of the Use of Pulmonary Artery Catheters in High Risk Surgical Patients. N Engl J Med 2003; 348: 5-14.
- Rocker G on behalf of a Canadian Critical Care Society Workshop. A commentary on Organ & Tissue Donation in Canada. CMAJ, 26 Nov. 2002; 167: 1248-1249.