Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Kotha completed his medical schooling and residency in Radiology at the Goa Medical College, India and then went on to complete a Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging at the St. Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto and a Fellowship in Interventional Radiology at the Foothills Medical Centre, University of Calgary. He is currently a Staff Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiologist with EFW Radiology at the Foothills Medical Centre. With his unique training in cardiovascular imaging and intervention, Dr. Kotha has become an integral part of the Libin Cardiac Institute, The Calgary thoracic aortic program and the Stephenson Cardiac Imaging Centre at the University of Calgary. Dr. Kotha has special clinical and research interests in the imaging and hybrid/endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic pathologies in addition to imaging of the aortic root and cardiac implants. He is currently involved in several research studies in these fields.
- Comparison of Cardiac MRI and radionuclide (ventriculography) imaging for the measurement of LVEF in patients being considered for primary prophylactic ICD placement (under peer-review for publication).
- Complications of thoracic endovascular stent graft deployment at the Proximal Landing Zone in surgically replaced Dacron Ascending Aorta (under peer-review for publication).
- Study on the comparison of Echocardiography and Cardiac MRI in patients for CRT implantation (manuscript write-up).
- Comparison of the Efficacy and Safety Profile of Hepaspheres and DEBs as delivery systems for chemotherapeutic agents in Transarterial Chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma (data analysis).
- Can-SCMR initiative - Improved Inter-observer Variability and Accuracy of LV contouring of CMR images through a group-based intervention using current guidelines and recommendations (data collection).
- Kotha VK, Yan AT, Peerani R, Hill SJ, Streutker CJ, Latter DA, Pinter A, Prabhudesai V, Deva D. Benign Intramyocardial Mesothelial Cyst in the Right Ventricular Outflow Tract– Computed Tomography and Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging Appearances. Circulation. 2014 Dec 9;130(24):e275-7.
- Merchant A, Wald R, Goldstein MB, Yuen D, Kirpalani A, Dacouris N, Ray JG, Kiaii M, Leipsic J, Kotha VK, Deva D, Yan AT. Relationship between Different Blood Pressure Measurements and Left Ventricular Mass by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in End-stage Renal Disease. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2015 Apr;9(4):275-84.
- Kotha VK, Khandelwal A, Saboo SS, Shanbhogue AKP, Virmani V, Marginean EC, Menias CO. Radiologist’s perspective of Meckel’s diverticulum and its complications. Br J Radiol. 2014 May;87(1037):20130743.
- Kotha VK, Reddy R, Reddy MV, Moorthy RS, Kishen TV. Congenital Gluteus Maximus Contracture Syndrome – A Case Report with Review of Imaging Findings. J Radiol Case Rep. 2014 Apr 1;8(4):32-7.
- Kotha VK, De Souza A, Wernicke's encephalopathy following Hyperemesis gravidarum. A report of three cases. Neuroradiol J. 2013 Feb;26(1):35-40.
- Kotha VK. Migration of intraventricular neurocysticercus after ventriculostomy. Asian J Neurosurg. 2013 Jan;8(1):54-6.
- Nacharaju M, Vellanki VS, Gillellamudi SB, Kotha VK, Alluri A. A Rare Case of Chronic Ectopic Pregnancy Presenting as Large Hematosalpinx. Clin Med Insights Reprod Health. 2014 Jan 6;8:1-4.
- Kishan TV, Pavithra S, Sri Bhuvana N, Kotha VK, Moorthy RS. A rare tumor of pancreas in an incidentally discovered pancreativ lipoma. Med J Armed Forces India. 2015 Jul;71(Suppl 1):S138-40.