Clinical Mentorship Program
Organized by the Department of Cardiac Sciences and the Libin Cardiovascular Institute, the 2021 Clinical Research Mentorship Program is open to Libin Cardiovascular Institute physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and trainees. Participants will be matched with mentors and take part in five sessions over six months (June 24-Dec. 10, 2021) that will provide them with the skills and knowledge needed to successfully conduct research.
The program sessions will run between 60-90 minutes (dates TBD) and include:
- Program overview and networking
- Turning an idea into a project
- Data content
- Finding the right funding
- Writing an effective grant proposal
Clinician-scientists, through their research, are often able to impact the morbidity, mortality, and quality of life of the individuals and populations they treat.
- Participate in five, 60-90 minute sessions (outlined above)
- Complete a minimum of three meetings with your mentor (scheduled at a time that works for both of you)
- Submit a grant proposal at the end of the program (optional)
End of Program Grant Competition:
The Libin Institute will sponsor a grant competition at the end of the program. Only program registrants will be eligible for the funding.
Registration Deadline: May 24, 2021
For more information, contact Heather Agren, Libin Cardiovascular Institute Clinical Engagement Specialist at email@example.com